Thursday 15 May 2014

Let my Country Awake... !!!


     When I was 12 years old,  Dad gave me a magazine and told me select the best quote from the book.If you find out the Quote exactly that one which i selected i will give you a  Parle Kismi Bar. In such remote place where i was living, Kismi Bar was the costlier gift forget about Dairy Milk and Pizza o Spaghetti. I was too excited and read the whole book finally i found one Quote. I almost ran towards Dad, he was in Farm almost 2 n half km from home,i took my bicycle. When i reach their  I saw , my Dad was surrounded with few people, and a woman was crying, she was telling about her Life story, her husband was also in frustrated mood. My Dad saw me n called me and told me to look at cattle feed for Ox, for a moment i got angry on him. After few minutes i saw that everyone left the place everyone was praising my dad and went there home. Dad asked me "so Finally you found your best quote from the book " I was in angry mood and replied to dad, "yes !" --- "n what is it!" again Dad. i started,

                    "Where the Mind is without fear 
                     and the head is held high,
                    where knowledge is free.
                    where the world has not been broken up into fragments
                    by narrow domestic walls .
                   Where words come out from the depth of truth,
                   where tireless striving stretches its arms toward perfection.
                   where the clear stream of reason has not lost it's way
                   into the dreary desert sand of dead habit.
                   where the mind is led forward by thee 
                   into ever widening thought and action.
                   in to that heaven of freedom , MY FATHER, 
                  LET MY COUNTRY AWAKE !!

     Dad was totally shocked with my selection and asked me "why u selected this quote"...Still i was in angry mood and said "because i felt this quote is written on you only and at end its also written that "Oh my father, let my country awake.." " and suddenly my anger reached to top gear "who the hell are you, why you are doing so much social service. does anybody will help you in future, all are bastards, and to be frank before i came here i selected different quote but now looking at you. my guess is, quote selected by you must be this one....!!
    Dad was totally surprised by my answer and replied...Ha Ha Ha .... genius, superb, Excellent !!
Again Dad started "my boy let me tell you one thing- before knowing your answer , I decided that as u came  here by cycle from home, whatever your quote i will accept it. But from your skills you proved that you are enough able to solve your owns problem, But just answer my question "these ppl dont have much expectation in life, they just look at you as a hope that u will solve their problems !! 
            Still i was firm on my opinion  "but why You? "
Dad replied   "come with me, lets go home keep your cycle here, This time i was in dammn angry mood "what the hell is going on,
Was that punishment ?  
Was that Revenge ?
what was going in his mind? 
When i reached home i saw again some ppl were waiting for my dad, "HOLY CRAP!!!"
 this time an old man n woman with wet eyes talking to my dad...from their conversation i understood they were parents of that married woman i saw in farm..
   ""she is my only daughter, 6 years before my property was almost 30 lakhs, i sold 3/4 property for my son's education. my son completed his engineering n left us alone,when we went to meet him "he told his wife that we are workers". this year i gave almost 5 lakhs as dowry to daughters family now again they are forcing my daughter to bring money, 
   "I don't have words to thank u. By only words, skills and with your knowledge , you saved three life's , my next step was this ----"      and he showed a bottle of pesticides. 
I was totally embarrassed, for a while i was looking at my dad proudly , and he told me that time ..

 I Agree that God gifted you with certain skills,but its not to use the way you want . always.its not necessary to keep hope from " Father " to awake this country.. remember not only you, everyone on this earth is having guts to free this world from narrow domestic walls...after all for someone like that old man his wife n daughter is the country, is the world. !!!
that discussion-that knwledge was free, was with mind without fear, full of truth, thoughts n action and i was awaking in to that heaven of freedom ......... !!! 

2 comments: